Monday, March 9, 2009

A real sense of humor

"Who do you love?" asks my sister. My sister often likes to ask for validation from my children.
"My mom only!" says Sadie defiantly, fully aware of what my sister is soliciting.
"Who else?" prods my sister.
"And my dad, too," she says with a mischievous look.
"And who else?"...my sister is not going to give up.
And of course, my daughter is a total punk so she declares, "Haman"
My in laws are at the table and they're shocked.
What did Haman do, Sadie, someone asks.
She replies matter of factly, "He killed the Jews."
And decides she's going to one up herself.
"I love my mommy, my daddy and Haman, my husband."

1 comment:

farnk said...

This is so funny and is accurately reported. We (the grandparents) were not the only ones shocked as her auntie was too, saying "Haman? Is that like Hitler?" It certainly was a conversation stopper under the circumstances.