Saturday, March 7, 2009

Random quotes from today

"Mom, pick me up!" commands my daughter.
"Why?"
"Cuz I'm the boss!" she responds.

At midnight, Sadie wakes up to tell us she has to pee. We are so proud that she didn't wet her pull up so we whoop it up and tell her so. Her face is all scrunched up because she's really tired and her eyes haven't made the adjustment to the change in lighting yet.
"I want to give you a high five!" she blurts loudly, even though she's obviously drowsy, and her face is still all scrunched up.

Right before she goes back to sleep, she turns to me and says, "Mom, every day I love you cuz you're my best friend."

Awwww...she just melts my heart and fills it with joy.

2 comments:

js said...

More than once, she told me she wanted to throw fire on me and eat me up and spit me out. Reminds me of someone else's imaginative threats.

RC said...

I love this post and js' comment. Thank you for sharing it.