Friday, March 13, 2009

Diet update

Yesterday was a pathetic performance for my diet. I ate two lunches, two dinners and didn't work out (even though it was time to). I blamed it on D for staying up late, thus throwing my timing off, causing me to eat late which prevented me from working out.
I'm not off to a good start this morning either. We just ran out of my favorite breakfast cereal so I have nothing (healthy) for breakfast. When I got to work, I started eating the only nourishment I could find, Saltines. I had two of them, ick!
Wish me luck that I don't go across the street for a decadent sausage, eggs, cheese and hash browns.
But then again, it is Shabbat. I know when I get home tonight, I will tear into that deliciously dough-y and sweet challah.
J says in order to be on a diet you have to cut out carbs. But I won't even try to do that. I think reducing all portions is more manageable and hopefully, reasonably efficient.

2 comments:

js said...

You might try benchpressing or doing arm-curls with D, since at 30 pounds, she could make for a decent little work-out while you're trying to put her to sleep. And she's old enough now, you don't have to worry about supporting her head!

farnk said...

I think bench pressing would only enlarge the muscles and increase weight. I suggest drinking coffee several times a day as it will reduce the amount of fluid retained in the body. If that doesn't work I recommene running up to the Post Road and back a couple of times a day!
Good luck, and looking sorward to my next blog about S or whatever subject as you are such a good writer...