Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ranting and Raving

If someone were to start a stop watch and ask me to either start verbalizing all of my complaints or things I want, I could get really excited and go on for a long time before pausing even for a breath. However, give the same challenge to my husband and you'd practically have to start and stop the watch at the same time. "What? Did you say something?" you might ask. "No, nothing," he would respond. Then in an annoyingly chirpy and cheerful tone, he might say, "I want nothing. And I have nothing to complain about."

What gives?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Either it's a form of 'waking' depression (caused at least in part by considerable 'investment' losses) or he has attained a utopian state of grace...

js said...

I would call it part realism, and partly a coping mechanism. Here we are, now make the best of it! In the end, it's really all mental anyway!