Sunday, January 25, 2009

Looking for a new (and cheap and clean) nail salon

I was at the nail salon this weekend, trying to explain to the owner that I had lost my loyalty card. (If you get 10 services, you get a free manicure.) I've easily been to this place at least ten times but have never cashed out on the free manicure. So I told her about how I got my purse stolen and that the thief took the contents of it, including my loyalty card. I was interested in getting about 5-7 stamps from the owner. I thought it was a reasonable request given that we can both agree that I've frequented the salon more than 5-7 times in the past year. She flatly denied my request (and moreover, didn't even sympathize or make one comment about my stolen purse). So I boldly looked her in the eyes and said, I probably won't be coming back here anymore then. I don't like frequenting service oriented places that pretend you've never been there before. I don't want to be treated like a number or a twenty dollar bill. I'm so annoyed that she wouldn't give me the stamps and made zero attempt at currying my favor. When I get my nails done, I want a pleasant obsequious chatty owner. Not a money-focused tight-lipped shrew. Is that too much to ask?

4 comments:

farnk said...

You go girl! As though the only object of being in business is to mulct someone for all they're worth. This person should close up shop...

RC said...

It's not cheap, and I know they've changed their loyalty program, but my fav midtown place is nails today on 54th between 5th and 6th. They used to use quikdry as a topcoat and it's included in the price. I haven't really been there for a while. My current preferred place is Jin Soon. I go to the west village location. You get tea with your pedicure and they are very thorough, yet gentle. A better deal than nails today (in my mind, maybe not in an absolute sense). [I know your hubby is going to be all over this post because how can it be a better deal if it's the same thing but the monetary value is higher...I know you'll understand what I'm talking about...LOL]

Cassandra Jupiter said...

I know what you mean. If I let my mind race, then I can't even get nails done because I'm afraid of getting a scary infection. Going to a nice place definitely alleviates that kind of panic attack.

kendy said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

Today while I was surfing the Internet, I read about Gel Nails being the latest trend now in the nail fashion industry. After reading about gel nails, I think it’s a great way to dress up your nails giving them a trendy look. I also came across this site gel-nails where you can check out some really cool stuff for your nail decoration.

If you are a professional nail artist or run a nail salon, you can get a bulk order discount and use the best nail products for your customers. I have bought the professional luxury gel nail kit from here and this is great value for my money.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for genuine nail decoration stuff and may not know where to buy them from.