Friday, January 23, 2009

Free magazine!

Just when I was lamenting how lame it was that my husband gets the excellent Harvard magazine for free as well as another goodies from his Alma mater, Cornell decides to delight me. I just found out I can get Cornell magazine for free online! This is just so thrilling. I will consider it a one-upmanship of Harvard, since we're sensible about not killing any trees. Go Big Red!!! Rah Rah. Well not really. The writing is a lot worse and there's virtually nothing research worthy or academic, but it is fun, reads like a blog and hey it's free. Oh and I just read that Cornell doesn't rely as much on their endowment for expenses like other universities and that they made be taking loans if they needed to bridge any gaps. That sounds like a winning bet. How do I loan money to Cornell? Will they put Willard Straight Hall down as collateral? Personally, I would prefer the Statler Hotel.

Also, I was sad to read that the founder/owner of Hot Truck died in December 08.

4 comments:

Clive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassandra Jupiter said...

I wonder what happened to this comment?!

farnk said...

I didn't know you could delete comments!? I like the quick pace of the writing criticism and the funny reference to the 'Big Red' but I don't get the reference to the Statler Hotel (before your time I'm sure) even though I know it must be funny.

Anonymous said...

Mazel Tov on being included on the address label for the Harvard Alum Magazine!