Sunday, November 30, 2008

Feel good plagarism

It was an exhilarating feeling, just as my daughter was falling asleep, she said to me, "There's no one in the world like you, Mom" and then she conked out. I thought it was the most heartfelt, most original, perfect, and sweetest thing in the world to hear. Just as quickly as my elation came, it left as I realized that technically, all she did was switch out a pronoun and parrot what I say to her almost every night as I tuck her into bed. "You're very special to me. There's no one in the world like you, Sadie."

3 comments:

farnk said...

This is beutiful. And we need to choose the words we use with our kids carefulli...

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Yissss, kids are prone to useing sincerist form of flatteri.

farnk said...

Thanks. Didn't realize I had all those typos.