Thursday, September 4, 2008

Freak show

OK did y'all see Palin speak last night? I feel like shit today for staying up late to watch her but I couldn't miss it for the world.

I'm very upset that she and her husband decided to bring their infant son (4.5 months) to the noisy, brightly lit convention late at night and used him as a prop to pass around to various people. I think the poor boy should have been at home sleeping. Then when Piper, her 7 year old daughter licks her hand and pats down her brother's hair, I was in hysterics. Also, I can't believe they allowed her to hold him for as long as she did. What if she dropped him?

It's going to be an interesting election. I don't think I can vote for either candidate. I feel bad for Hillary. I can think of so many if onlys...She must be so pissed about the Edwards affair not coming out earlier, maybe she would've won Iowa and change the course of history.

Why doesn't Bloomberg run for president?

1 comment:

farnk said...

This is so thoughtful and original. What a great insight about how the Edwards' affair might have affected the outcome in Iowa..right on! But, in the end, for me, the whole thing comes down to metter of personality and, after viewing Steve Croft's interview with Obama and Biden last Sunday on 60 Minutes I'm convinced that Obama has the temperament, judgment and sincerity to make a good president. I totally reject the shouted 'triumphalism' of McCain and his 'running mate' is a joke.