Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Am I a hater?

I saw this excerpt with respect to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's new twins:

"Fortunately, they already have some household helpers. '[Shiloh] and Z pick out [the twins'] clothes and help change and hold them,' says Jolie. 'It's sweet -- they are little mommies.' "

I think this must be pure bullshit. Most 2 and 3 year olds that I know enjoy clobbering little ones. I can't imagine that they help with child rearing at all. If they truly are making contributions in childcare duties, she should be sued for violating child labor laws.

1 comment:

Haik Bedrosian said...

It's probably mostly bullshit. Sure the kids might point to a set of clothes they prefer, but the helping change the baby part... I kind of doubt. I guess it depends on Jolie's definition of "help." Once or twice we've got Koko to go throw away Yanna's balled-up wet diaper. I guess in that way we could say he "helped" change her. Then there's the 'holding' the baby part- maybe for a couple of seconds while somebody snaps a picture, but yeah- right- is a three year old gonna "hold" the baby while you put something in the oven? No that's rediculous.

But who really cares. She's got a reporter in her face and she probably just wants to feed him or her any old bullshit to make him or her go away.

You should probably hate the reporters and publishers of this kind of crap, not Jolie herself.

Or Brad Pitt. You could hate Brad Pitt.