Saturday, July 12, 2008

French Toast Recipe using whole wheat bread

I made some delicious French toast today, so I'd like to share the recipe. The crushed cornflakes idea comes from Ari who had it at EAT.

4 eggs
2/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour (you can substitute regular flour, I'm sure, but this is what I used)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
crushed corn flakes
6 slices thick whole wheat bread (ours was the slightly sweet kind, I think it has honey in it)

1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl.
2. Heat a skillet with some butter.
3. Dip each piece of bread (I cut them in half) in the mixture, making sure to cover each side well.
4. Coat both sides with crushed corn flakes.
5. Cook each slice in the hot buttered skillet, maybe about 4 minutes per side.
ENJOY!!!
We had ours with maple syrup, blueberries, strawberries and yogurt.

1 comment:

farnk said...

Yummm! I'm hungry already. Can you make this at the reunion? I'll bake a loaf...