Monday, June 23, 2008

My angels

I love taking pictures of my children while they're sleeping. With my new killer camera and lens, I can but not for long (more on this in a bit). Here they are with their current love objects - Say\dee with "kitty cat" and Dazee with "Lu Lu Lambie." My evil husband is plotting to sell my zoom lens on eBay, replacing it with a portrait lens. It'll let in more light for indoor photography, which you love, he tries to convince me. I like what I have, I don't understand why I can't keep it or if he wants the portrait lens, why it can't be an additive purchase? I'm very upset by this unilateral intention; I've threatened to divorce him but it's all falling on deaf ears. Sucks to have a cheap husband...

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

farnk said...

You are like the classic example of the guilt-ridden full-time working mother. You need to find a way to be at home more with your children and play a role in their activities instead of having other people do it. You should consider becoming a consultant or a professional blogger from home in order to have more quality time with your children. Were only young once and time is fleeting whether it seems so or not. And, ps, I'd rather have pics of the kids when they are awake even though it takes more energy and patience. Do not let Josh replace your zoom lens with a portrait lens unless he gets you a portrait lens AND a 35mm lens. I used to use a 35mm lens for 90% of my pics...

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Um...I don't think anyone would pay me to blog, but thanks for the sentiment. Please tell your crazy bossy son not to mess with the lens. He's out of control.

Stella said...

Hi, I like Frank´s wise comments. Believe us older ones, life is so short. I love these pics of your girls! Beautiful!

JS said...

Consider this: a 50mm F1.4 lens, vs. this 17-85mm zoom F4-5.6 lens. I think the 50mm will work out better! AND it's cheaper!!!

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Hi Stella, thanks for reading my blog; it's an honor! I know Frank is right. I'm trying to figure out how to best live my life and enjoy motherhood. It's not so easy.

farnk said...

It sure isn't easy. It's a lot more than just camera lenses. You have to be firm and definite sometimes - otherwise you lose self-respect.

violetta said...

beautiful pictures. your girls are super sweet. wish we could see you guys more often.

RC said...

I don't understand why JS is trying to dictate your hobby. That's like saying he didn't like the paper you're using for scrapbooking and wants to return the paper you picked out to make the scrapbook with.

Cassandra Jupiter said...

RC -- I totally agree with you. He can't help it. He's dictatorial and enjoys saving money.