Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I have a great wife!

I can not believe how sweet my friend RC is...after reading my blog which lamented how I won't have any Thai basil in the garden, she took the bull by the horns and bought me 16 lively plants! Contrast this to my husband, who ordered the seeds at least a month too late from a sketchy purveyor in eBay (he only paid $1 but the seeds never arrived). The plants are so nice, I'm sure she got them by doing that normal people do - going into a nice store and getting some help from knowledgeable sales people which ended with the reward of going home with some nice looking plants. If I were to get a divorce from my friend, she's going to have to pay a lot in alimony. I'm going to argue to the judge that she got me accustomed to a certain style of living. I'm sure she'll retort that my husband's lifestyle should be the marker but I'll argue that he just was an affair based on looks while she was the person I depended on for plants, food, conversation, etc.!

4 comments:

farnk said...

You'd have a lot of chutzpah to go into court because bigamy is illegal. Josh would have bought the plants if they were available at a K-Mart at a good price but he's not about to walk into a New Agey plant nursery with gentle but lonely female sales 'associates' and pay a higher price just to get a few exotic basil plants. Your 'friend' doesn't understand the challenge of the 'deal.'

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Well, all I can say is that at the end of the day, she's the one that showed up with the goods.

RC said...

I would like to take this opportunity to defend my plant purchasing skillz. A) I bought them at the farmer's market, not at a fancy nursery. B) I got a discount by buying 4 pots. C) I did ask the knowledgeable salesperson to pick out the BEST of the plants available for me for which I was rewarded with the most plants per pot ratio. So I think I did a good job. I am a better person for knowing you and don't think we need to talk about divorce.

Cassandra Jupiter said...

THANKS AGAIN!!! The plants are doing great. They are all thriving except for two of the Thai basils. I will post pictures of our babies for all to see. I was waiting for them to be "adult" size. :)