Sunday, May 18, 2008

Diabolical baby eater - me

Can you believe that baby corn is literally a baby corn? I thought maybe they might be a midget or small variety of corn, but in actuality they are regular corn picked at immaturity, before they reach their adult size. I feel a little funny eating a baby corn now. I have the same feeling eating an egg. It's like I'm eating a fetus. I wonder if pro-life supporters eat baby corn or eggs?

BTW, I always thought baby corn from a can tastes really bland and gross. It was not until I went to Thailand that I had fresh baby corn. I was hooked; it's so delicious. If you go to Thailand, make sure you eat some baby corn. You can get it at any restaurant as part of a mixed vegetable stir fry. Factoid: Thailand is one of the world's biggest exporters of baby corn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we got baby bananas in our hotel room...This is really funny. I wish you could talk the same way you blog...