Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Better to have blogged and lost than not blogged at all.

Wow, blogging's not like learning how to ride a bike (not that I would personally know if that adage is true or not) if you don't do it for a while, it feels unfamilar.

At one point, I was in the blog groove, blogging every day - it felt so natural. Now that I'm back from a month long break, blogging feels like hanging out with a best friend from elementary school.

Here are some other skills that I've lost:

1. Driving. Josh drives me every where. Now when I get into a car I feel like I don't even know where the steering wheel is. This is definitely ironic because when I first met him, he didn't know how to drive. I taught him how to drive a stick shift, I like to say.
2. Personal finances and investing. I used to pay my own bills and choose my own investments. Now I reach into my wallet, pluck out a credit card and sometimes I'm told that my card's been declined or cancelled (as a result of my husband chasing every deal or new card). And all my trading accounts have been liquidated. I have zero knowledge, therefore zero power. I self-medicate by spending and blogging.

Here's an idea of what I'm in charge of:
1. Household, kids, relationships, remembering stuff, computer stuff, electronic social networks (e.g. facebook, blogging), complaining

1 comment:

Katie & Rich said...

Hey Kasama, love ur blog!