Monday, March 10, 2008

I need TP for my BH!!!!

Part Trois!
A quote of RC's intriguing comments:
"I'm confused, when you don't use 2 ply, don't you just use more? I find that I use more than twice as much paper at work than at home because the paper at work is just thinner. Have you ever tried their flushable moist wipes? http://www.cottonelle.com/product_wipes.aspx
I think they're great. Sorry that the ad offended you, but I think the product is much better than Charmin or Quilted Northern (but only the plain Cottonelle, not the thicker one or the one with all the added ingredients). If you want to talk about unpleasant TP, try living in Europe."

Yes, it's true, 1 ply would cause one to use more, or put you in the compromising and unsavory position of hand meeting BH, as eloquently stated by JS. Digression point: I grew up with soft 2 ply with cloud prints - maybe it was White Cloud brand? Similar in pricing with Charmin, Cottonelle, etc. I used to love using that TP, it as so pretty and I liked thinking how I was wiping my tushy with clouds. One day my mom discovered how over generous I was with the TP and I was given the rule, only 2 sheets at a time and wipe three times. It wasn't until I met Josh that he expounded that the rule for wiping was more subtle than 3x's the charm, look at the TP after each wipe and then act accordingly.
I went to the link for the moist wipes and here's how it's advertised:
"There's nothing like that "just showered" feeling – for all-over freshness, including our bottoms! Cottonelle® brand – one kind thing you can do for your behind – pledges a shower-fresh feeling that leaves you confidently clean."
I think this gives me support that you're supposed to wash after making a turd and the shower is a good place for that. I'm a little disturbed by the phrase "confidently clean".
RC - I had no idea that Cottonelle is superior to Northern or Charmin, I really want to know and hear more why that's the brand of choice. This dog isn't too old for new tricks - I would totally switch if I knew better or different.
Adding to the insult of poor quality TP in Europe, you often have to pay for it even in public restrooms!

5 comments:

frank said...

Maybe we should be more like dogs. I'm dog-sitting a cute Mexican mix and she never needs any TP and she always seems clean. This is probably the most ecological solution of all. How do they do it? - Stay so clean I mean...

RC said...

Frank: I knew a dog who would scoot her behind along on the ground if she felt like she had any residue.
Cassandra: Why I like Cottonelle over Charmin or Quilted Northern: Charmin's main problem for me is the lintiness. You end up using more than you need to get all the lint off your tush. Quilted Northern to me is not quite soft enough and lacks the strength that JS was referring to. So Cottonelle, although not perfect, is a good compromise between the two. Not too linty, holds together pretty well and absorbent. Hope this helps. If you're skeptical, I'll bring you a roll the next time we have lunch together. :)

A Kast said...

Assuming you live in an area where there's ample water, the most eco-friendly solution would seem to do as the Indians do and just keep a small plastic cup by the toilet that you fill with water and pour onto yourself like a makeshit, er, makeshift I mean, bidet.

Public Indian toilets only sometimes provide TP, but they always come with a water hose.

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Similar to India, in Thailand, they use either a hose or a bucket of water, except for airports and touristy spots, you generally don't get toilet paper either. It never seemed sanitary to me to touch either the hose or the bucket. I'd still go with washing in my own home as the ideal solution and using toilet paper in public spaces. Although J mentioned, the ideal method of cleaning depends on the consistency of the #2.

Lost in Dixie said...

perhaps the tp in europe is poor b/c most ppl use a bidet?

water is the best choice.....

this is gross, but in countries where the men have more hair, water must be the only thing that works.....I don't know about Thailand, but India....

I don't think tp (no matter how THICK the ply is) is sanitary. I also think that all the perfume used in the double/triple ply is disgusting and can't be good for hygiene.

paper just smears ...