Saturday, March 15, 2008

Artist, pimp, cheapskate or no talent?

So, you might know that I've been complaining for like 'ever about my husband being reluctant to get us a better or SLR style camera. But now that his company is going bankrupt, it's a good time to find creative solutions to avoid spending any money. So what I did today was take a bunch of pictures using different modes and then played around with some image filters. I think some of the results is pretty neat, but my mother's opinion is that the original always looked better. Josh liked some of them but I'm not sure if it's motivated by encouraging me so I can feel good about not spending any money. I look to you for an honest opinion. So without further ado, all the doctored pictures are posted below. I'm too lazy to give you both the pre-and post production pics for a side by side comparison, but hopefully some of these stand on there own. (I was pretty enamored by the focal B&W effect so you'll see a lot of that here.) So what do you think? Should I quit my day job and take pictures of my kids and pimp them? (For a larger version, click on any of the pics)































4 comments:

frank said...

Many of these pictures are totally fabulous - both the artistry of the photographer and the candor of the "model"! I have two favorites: first, the last one, no. 8066 where the shadow of the photographer overlaps the elation in the model's (Saydee's) face (which visually says so much about the fleeting nature of childhood), and second, the one with a little color in her face and a B&W background.

Haik Bedrosian said...

You should eat as much free salsa as possible.

Cassandra Jupiter said...

HB - is that statement literal (stating the obvious) or is that a short and clever way to say I stink at photography and I'd be broke if I depended on it to put bread on the table?

Haik Bedrosian said...

Didn't you say that was a good way to save $?