Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Perfect date - poring over a spreadsheet!

I enjoy working with my husband on a project. It's fun to be on his team. Last night I took home some work that can be described as spreadsheet hell. He thought hard about the problem, which means he can't talk to me and has to shush me every now and again since my team work contribution is to laugh, prance around him and prattle non-sense.
I really enjoy watching him work. He's a genius. And he doesn't give up.
Last night, I even got a compliment for setting up the calculations correctly. He told me I was a genius. OK, I might have asked him to tell me. But no matter, I got it. To me, praise from my husband is like manna from god - an unusually sudden and unexpected source of gratification, pleasure, or gain.

No comments: