Thursday, February 7, 2008

Here's something laughable - my husband in a beret

My husband is great at supporting me in various initiatives or ideas and believe me, there are many and they are often transient since I'm a serial dabbler. However, if any of these goals cost money, I can forget about it. So I'm in a bad mood right now. I have some aspirational goals that conflict with his aspirational goal of saving every penny. I feel oppressed and resentful.
One of my ideas is really exciting to me, hiring an artist to paint murals - to bring art and more transformative feelings into our house. I'd like to paint a beach scene with palm trees and a monkey in one of our bathrooms. I'd like to transform one room into an Italian/French/Mediterranean outdoor cafe feel. I can't hire an artist but I can work with my husband to paint it ourselves. On one hand it's like hurray, that would be great to work with him and what a sense of pride and accomplishment I'll feel if the outcome is desirable. On the other hand, it's like you gotta be kidding me. I'm ready to strangle you. All this bullshit and nonsense because you're afraid to spend a dime.

6 comments:

farnk said...

That's a good one: Josh in a beret! You are so funny! Dictionary definition of a Philistine: "a crass often priggish individual guided by material rather than intellectual or artistic values." I guess having artwork would depend on how much it costs...

js said...

"I'd like to paint a beach scene with palm trees and a monkey in one of our bathrooms" ...

Maybe instead, we can just teach our kids to act like monkeys (hop around and squak while scratching their armpits every once in a while).

Anonymous said...

This is so funny: the KFJ network: (Kasama, Farnk, Josh). This is the best entertainment in any media...

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Anon, (obviously?) you must be related to us. Why don't you reveal to us where you belong in this dysfunctional family?

Violetta said...

Hey Kasama.
What a great idea!

Lost in Dixie said...

Hi,
I can help out....I've painted murals before--AND you can save money by hiring a friend ;))