Friday, January 4, 2008

Superbad a good movie, Josh - even funnier

During the movie, I turned to my husband and asked him if he thinks Jewel really likes Seth. (Seth, a "dork" would really like to get with her) He replies in the tone of a lawyer making a closing statement, "It's fiction."
This is more uproarious to me than anything! When I watch movies, I really get into the plot and the characters. I don't need much to stir my imagination. Loose characterizations, flimsy premises, I don't care. I have fun speculating about how things may end up or should end up. Why is my husband so much more logical than me?

3 comments:

Haik Bedrosian said...

What's a "movie?"

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Hahahah! In "Something's got to give", at one point, as the two characters were falling for each other, I asked Josh if Jack Nicholson's character was going to move to Diane Keaton's character's house in the Hamptons or if she was going to move to his apt. in Manhattan. And if either one of those things happened, if each would sell the other property. Ever logical, he ended the conversation with "It's a movie."

Anonymous said...

i have to say, the other movie by that director "knocked up" would neatly fit into the lawyer's analysis. It is so farfetched that you can't apply any normal judgment to it.