Saturday, November 17, 2007

I want you back

12 hours into my new vegetarian diet and I've already cheated. It's impossible for me to make such drastic changes without personal sacrifices or ill feelings. Around lunch time, I was so cranky and bitchy, I started yelling at my poor mother about how I didn't want to buy baby "nursery" water and that regular bottled water or boiled water was good enough for Daisy if not better than whatever tenuous processing or manufacturing standards evil corporations hold themselves to. This drove my germ-a-phobic, corporate-trusting mother over the edge and we had an incomprehensible shouting match in broken English and Thai about the said waters.
Flash forward to 18 hours after my diet started and I've eaten shrimp, pork, chicken and beef. 4 species! I'm pathetic. And I want to exercise so badly...Looks like I'm going to have to go crawling back to my old and unhealthy lifestyle. I'm sorry I thought the grass was greener on the other side; I want you back; the mac and cheese with tomatoes that I had last night meant nothing to me; I need meat, 6 meals a day and 3 days a week of exercise, PUH-LEEEEZ take me back; I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!

1 comment:

Lost in Dixie said...

Kasama, I think that you are a meat eater at heart and that vegetarianism doesn't agree with your constitution. Why don't you buy organic chicken/meat?